Saint Paul Church is the house of our Heavenly Father, a place of solace and grace, so please feel at home here. Whether you are a registered parishioner, new to our community, or a visitor--WELCOME!
Our Bishop, the Most Reverend
Robert J. Baker, S.T.D.
Click to Give - Thank You!
Breakfast will be served the second and fourth Sundays after the 8:30 am mass except in summer unless otherwise notified.
We, the Christian community of St. Paul, are committed to serving the Lord and His people through witnessing and stewardship of time, talent and treasure, and, rooted in the Word and Tradition, are focused on encountering Him in the Breaking of the Bread.
HAVE A BLESSED ADVENT !
Reverend Tom V. John CMI, PhD
ADVENT MUSINGS -First Sunday of Advent
Tribulation. Wildfires. Tsunamis. Moral corruption. Disease. War. We tend to associate these things with the end times, and perhaps for good reason! In today's Gospel, Jesus says: "People will die of fright in anticipation of what is coming upon the world." Not exactly putting us in the Christmas spirit, is it? During Advent, we anticipate a celebration of Christ's first coming. There is a quiet stillness about our waiting.
But Jesus did not come only once into history. During Advent, we remember that he will come again.
We don't know what Jesus' Second Coming will be like. The actual return of Christ - though sudden and perhaps frightening to some - should not frighten us. Despite all the stories we may have heard about the apocalypse, the advice of Jesus is not to hang our heads or cower in fear. "Stand erect and raise your heads because your redemption is at hand."
Congratulations to our newly ordained deacons, Dcn. Chuck Butler and Dcn. Greg Beam.
Readings for the week of December 9, 2018
- Sunday: Bar 5:1-9 / Ps 126:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 6  / Phil 1:4-6, 8-11 / Lk 3:1-6
- Monday: Is 35:1-10 / Ps 85:9ab and 10, 11-12, 13-14 [Is 35:4f] / Lk 5:17-26
- Tuesday: Is 40:1-11 / Ps 96:1-2, 3 and 10ac, 11-12, 13 [Is 40:10ab] / Mt 18:12-14
- Wednesday: Zec 2:14-17 or Rv 11:19a; 12:1-6a, 10ab / Jdt 13:18bcde, 19 [15:9d] / Lk 1:26-38 or Lk 1:39-47
- Thursday: Is 41:13-20 / Ps 145:1 and 9, 10-11, 12-13ab  / Mt 11:11-15
- Friday: Is 48:17-19 / Ps 1:1-2, 3, 4 and 6 [Jn 8:12] / Mt 11:16-19
- Saturday: Sir 48:1-4, 9-11 / Ps 80:2ac and 3b, 15-16, 18-19  / Mt 17:9a, 10-13
- Next Sunday: Zep 3:14-18a / Is 12:2-3, 4, 5-6  / Phil 4:4-7 / Lk 3:10-18
- Sunday: 2nd Sunday of Advent
- Tuesday: St. Damasus I, Pope
- Wednesday: Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Thursday: St. Lucy, Virgin & Martyr
- Friday: St. John of the Cross, Priest & Doctor of the Church
- Next Sunday: 3rd Sunday of Advent
Sunday 8:30 & 11:15 AM / Spanish Mass 12:40 PM
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8:30 AM in the chapel
Wednesday 5:30 PM in the chapel
Holy Days 9:00 AM & 7:00 PM (No Vigil Mass)
Holy Rosary: 30 minutes before each Mass
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Saturday 4:00-4:50 PM or by appointment